May 24 is Pansexual Visibility Day. According to HRC
Pan people’s sexuality can often be erased when they are assumed to be either gay or straight, or when their pan identity isn’t taken seriously, so it’s essential to make sure that we uplift the voices of pan people.
Being pan can mean different things to those who use it. For some, it describes someone who has the potential for emotional, romantic or sexual attraction to people of any gender, or no gender, though not necessarily simultaneously, in the same way or to the same degree.
Some people use pansexual as the sole term to describe their sexuality, while others use pan in addition to other words. It is also often considered part of the overall bisexual+ community and can be used alongside a number of other terms in this family such as “bi,” “queer” or “fluid.”
From 2015-2019, we collected first person accounts from LGBTQIA+ folks with ties to Western Pennsylvania via the #AMPLIFY project.Their voices come across generations, regions, and life experiences to give us a better understanding of the pansexual community. Take a deep dive into these 35 Q&A’s and then the larger archive of over 300 stories.
Please note that I scoured the archives to find all entries from pansexual individuals, but may have inadvertently overlooked someone. Please reach out to me if that is the case.
- Raven Has Not Told Anyone That She’s Pansexual Because She’s Afraid #AMPLIFY
- Ade is Pansexual, Androgynous and Finds Comfort in Their UU Community #AMPLIFY
- Tylor, 30, Is a Pansexual Trans Man Who Wants Better For Young People #AMPLIFY
- Mia Donna Has Wild Happy Life as a Pansexual Polyamorous Person #AMPLIFY
- Mel, 40: Bi, Queer and Pan Folks Don’t Always Speak in a Gay or Lesbian Voice #AMPLIFY
- Kim, 40, Mother, Pansexual, Mexican-American & Washington Co Resident #AMPLIFY
- Ciora, 27, Says Trans People Have the Strength of Two Souls
- Lavi, 29, is Trans Queer Bi and Wants Your Respect & Support
- Ira, 30, Identifies as Pansexual, Genderqueer and Possibly Agender
- Ravenna, 37, Pansexual Trans Woman Living in the Allegheny County Suburbs
- Vanessa, 31, Describes Her Transition & Life as Pansexual in Washington County
- Brandon, 23, Identifies as a Pansexual Genderqueer Male
- Tyler, 18, is a Pansexual Trans Man in Erie #AMPLIFY
- Selene, 60, is genderfluid, pansexual, femme-presenting, neuroqueer and more
- Krista, 28, Lives in Washington, PA as a Pansexual Woman
- Angie, 32: Out, Loud, and Proud Black Pansexual Mom #AMPLIFY
- Roxxie Thunder, 27, is a Glittery Pansexual Femme from Beaver County
- Morgan, 31, is a Black, Bisexual, Queer, Polyamorous Woman & Mother #AMPLIFY
- Hilary, 44, Works Hard to Boost Pansexual Identity in Erie County
- He’s a cisgender polyamorous bisexual guy, but nobody asks
- Madison, 40, is a Pansexual, Trans Woman Who Loves Pittsburgh
- Rae, 48, is a Pansexual Trans Woman Living in Allegheny County
- Louie, 50, Identifies as Queer, Pansexual, & Kinky
- Flip, 32, Describes Rural & Urban Life as a Pansexual, Queer Man
- Vincent, 54, is a Nonbinary Transmasculine & Queer Asian Pacific Islander in Pittsburgh
- Lisa Moondrop, 33, Has a Voice as a Bisexual Person in Western Pennsylvania
- Chris, 40, is an Aspie Queer Girl With Some Kinks
- Jesse, 28, Helps To Build New LGBTQ Community Supports in Mercer County
- Tara, 29, Describes Life in the Shenango Valley as a Bisexual Woman
- Minion Wants to Talk About What It Means to Be a Queer Black Futch Leathergirl
- Carina, 18, Identifies as Plus Sized Monogamous Queer and Femme
- Moira Describes the Toll of Gatekeeping on the Trans Community
- Kaley is Trans, Queer and a Fan of Gender Outlaws
- Coley Claims to Be Invisible in Plain Sight
- Twist Shares Their Life as Neuroqueer
Join the Steel City Snowflakes with a one time or recurring investment in our projects. Click the image to see our current snowflakes.
Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.