This week is the time of year when we acknowledge and honor bisexuality visibility and awareness, September 17-24, 2017. It is a time to recognize the resiliency, strength, and tenacity of our bi+ neighbors. You can tweet, IG, and more with the #BiWeek hashtag to show your support and appreciation for the bi community.
The #AMPLIFY project has been honored to have more than 50 contributions from neighbors identifying as bisexual and pansexual.
Their stories have taught me a lot about visibility, erasure, and the harm the LG communities have wrought upon our siblings and neighbors. I’m so pleased to see the emergence and growth of the Pittsburgh Bisexual Community on Facebook (also group) and in real-time, but the truth is that we have a long way to go … there is zero in the way of dedicated programming or services for the bi community.
We can do better. Best of all, we have the people here (see below) who have ideas and reason to do better with us – to lead us. We have to make the investment in our bisexual+ neighbors. We have to stop the jokes, challenge our core beliefs about sexual fluidity, and make it a priority to include openly bisexual individuals in all leadership teams and groups.
Please invest in the #AMPLIFY project with a donation today!
And we’d love to include your story as we move forward if you are bi or an LGBTQ ally to the bi community. Click here to fill out the Q&A. It takes about 30 minutes.
- AMPLIFY! Donna Met a Female Impersonator Who Made a Lasting Impression
- AMPLIFY! Gina Shares Her Truth With Those Who Deserve To Know
- AMPLIFY! Paula Speaks Out About Bisexual Exclusion and Bi Erasure
- Coley Claims To Be Invisible in Plain Sight #AMPLIFY
- Kitty Is Out and Open as a Bisexual Trans Woman in Erie County #AMPLIFY
- Ashe Believes To Be Queer Is To Be Yourself #AMPLIFY
- Anonymous Grieves How Pgh’s Lesbian & Gay Community Treats Bisexuals #AMPLIFY
- Raven Has Not Told Anyone That She’s Pansexual Because She’s Afraid #AMPLIFY
- Erin Answered These Questions To Challenge Bisexual Erasure #AMPLIFY
- Jean Came Out As Bisexual After Her Retirement #AMPLIFY
- Niki Talks About Living as a Gender Queer Trans Woman in Pittsburgh #AMPLIFY
- Ade is Pansexual, Androgynous and Finds Comfort in Their UU Community #AMPLIFY
- Elliot is Bi, Trans and Wishes Westmoreland County Was Talking More About Queer Youth
- Heather Refuses To Marginalize Herself As a Bisexual Woman #AMPLIFY
- Lela Wants Bisexual Voices To Be Heard #AMPLIFY
- Minion Wants To Talk About What It Means to be a Queer, Black, Futch Leathergirl #AMPLIFY
- Ama, 30, is a Girl Who Likes Girls and Who Likes Guys #AMPLIFY
- Tylor, 30, Is a Pansexual Trans Man Who Wants Better For Young People #AMPLIFY
- Mia Donna Has Wild Happy Life as a Pansexual Polyamorous Person #AMPLIFY
- Maggio, 28, is Unapologetically a Bi-sexual Queer Feminist Scholar #AMPLIFY
- Rachel, 30, is in the Process of Coming Out as Bisexual #AMPLIFY
- Staci, 52, Wants More Representation For The Bi Community #AMPLIFY
- alexis, 29, talks compensation & community for marginalized lgbtq neighbors #AMPLIFY
- Mel, 40: Bi, Queer and Pan Folks Don’t Always Speak in a Gay or Lesbian Voice #AMPLIFY
- Kim, 40, Mother, Pansexual, Mexican-American & Washington Co Resident #AMPLIFY
- Avery is a Bisexual, Latino Trans Man in Cambria County #AMPLIFY
- Jessica, 28, Is Resisting Bisexual Erasure in Pgh #AMPLIFY
- Ira, 30, Identifies as Pansexual, Genderqueer and Possibly Agender
- Ravenna, 37, Pansexual Trans Woman Living in the Allegheny County Suburbs
- Vanessa, 31, Describes Her Transition & Life as Pansexual in Washington County
- Brandon, 23, Identifies as a Pansexual Genderqueer Male
- Selene, 60, is genderfluid, pansexual, femme-presenting, neuroqueer and more
- Krista, 28, Lives in Washington, PA as a Pansexual Woman
- Roxxie Thunder, 27, is a Glittery Pansexual Femme from Beaver County
Thank you for your contributions! Happy #BiWeek!
Join the Steel City Snowflakes with a one time or recurring investment in our projects. Click the image to see our current snowflakes.
Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.