Total Lists Submitted: 8
Total Amount Raised for Food Pantry: $80.00 (out of $1,000 possible)
This is our new project #ThingsToDo where we invite youth to create and share a list of things to occupy time and cope with boredom. You’ll fine the details at this link. Your young people are welcome to participate. Here’s the cool thing – in addition to creating a central hub of suggestions for all young people, we have donors who have pledged $10 per list for the Northside Community Food Pantry. So each list helps other kids AND helps neighbors counting on the food pantry.
If you or your kids find these lists helpful or useful, please leave a comment.
Name and Age: Ava, age 14
Things to do when you’re bored in quarantine!
1. pick up a hobby! Whether it’s painting or and instrument, or even something simple, this is a great time to pick up on something you’ve always thought about doing!
2. If you’re a healthy adult, support your local restaurants by doing a safe sanitary takeout trip! Many local restaurants are suffering during this time as service being their only source of income, if a small business near you is doing takeout, maybe check it out. Do not go out if you’re experiencing any sort of symptoms form the virus or if you’re elderly or young. One responsible adult should make the trip to prevent spread.
3. Get in shape or practice a healthy lifestyle. Since many of us have such busy lives, healthy eating and regular exercise sometimes isn’t a first option. With all the free time we now have, try a new healthy recipe, drink lots of water, or go on a walk in the sun!
4. FaceTime a friend! FaceTime is a great way of staying in touch with people either in quarantine or out. Call an old friend that you haven’t talked to in a while to see how they’re doing! If you have a bigger friend group set up a zoom live and have a little online party!
5. Get organized! If you’ve been stressing over school or work, now is a great time to catch up. Clean out your backpack or sort through files, whatever you need to get organized so that you can take a deep breath when things start up again.
6. Music! Music helps in general so it could most definitely help us through a pandemic. You could learn an instrument or join a living room concert , or even just dance by yourself to your favorite band! Music will make the time pass quicker.
Just because we’re in quarantine doesn’t mean life has to stop! Keep your head up and make the best out of the worst!
Thank you, Ava.
For 18+ years, snowflakes, social justice warriors, and the politically correct have built this blog. Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
We need your ongoing support to maintain this archive and continue the work. Please consider becoming a patron of this blog with a recurring monthly donation or make a one-time donation.
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.