I’ve reached out to several local LGBTQ organizations, requesting an update on how they are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. These include: Pittsburgh Center for Equality, Persad Center, PFLAG Pittsburgh, TransPride Pittsburgh, Proud Haven, OUTrageous Bingo, Shepherd Wellness Community, SisTers Pgh, and True T Pittsburgh. As I receive their responses, I will publish. Some of these groups are all-volunteer and may not have a dedicated comms team. If you see written information online or in another publicly accessible space, please let me know. It is important that we have accurate information to keep ourselves and each other healthy ~ Sue
True T Pittsburgh’s Operational Response to COVID19
True T PGH is committed in ensuring the safety and protecting the health and wellness of our community. In response to the current pandemic, we have altered our operations to adapt to the current state of society by doing our part in aiding in slowing the progression of this virus. – Please read below:
1. True T Studios will be closed for at least 2 weeks starting Wednesday, March 18th,
2. All studio programs are postponed. All studio, organizational, and outreach events are postponed or canceled. Please be vigilant for announcements on the status of up-coming events.
3. The administrative team will work remotely throughout this time and will hold virtual
meetings, interviews, discussions, and can be contacted via email and telephone.
4. Option-U Emergency Housing remains an open resource for the community
throughout this pandemic. All of our residence have been giving care packages that include disinfectants and other sanitation items. We have stocked the residence kitchen with non-perishables, paper towels, tissue, water, and other necessities. Our Residential Advisor will be on-site 24/7 to triage all issues and concerns within the house.
5. New Option-U residents must first be phone interviewed to learn more about their
travel history and schedule a COVID test with Central Outreach Wellness Center before entering the residence. Extreme emergencies will be handled on a case by case basis.
6. Our staff has been trained on a thorough sanitation process to assist in keeping
bacteria off of surfaces and minimize ways of infection within the OU Residence.
Join the Steel City Snowflakes with a one time or recurring investment in our projects. Click the image to see our current snowflakes.
Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.