Adult male, domestic shorthair, tabby, FIV+. Good with other cats, dogs, children.
Hello! My name is Rodger, and I am around 3 or 4 years old. I am a cuddly, playful, curious boy — and I’m just plain gorgeous! Like your cats on the majestic side? ‘cuz I’m a big, handsome, snuggly boy! I am a faithful companion and I love my safe, new life.
I showed up at my foster mama’s house last summer and decided to stay. I enjoyed sunning on top of her Jeep and eating all the little treats she would leave for me on her porch. Then one day this past winter, I was sitting in the middle of the driveway during a winter storm, and she came home and scooped me up and took me into the warm, cozy house. There, I made myself at home and showed her what a true gem I was.
The original cats who live in this house aren’t too happy about sharing their space with me and so I am living in the basement. 🙁 I would love a home of my own where my owner and I could mutually enjoy each other’s company.
This is part of our ongoing series to highlight cats available for adoption through Pittsburgh C.A.T. They are part of the Homeless Cat Management Team. We are fostering our own #kittencaboodle through Pittsburgh C.A.T. and sponsoring the #CatFoodDrivePgh for feral cat colonies through HCMT.
(Most FIV+ cats do not show symptoms and have a normal life expectancy, although they can be prone to secondary infections. FIV cats can live happily in a stable household with other kitties both FIV+ and FIV-. If you are interested in this amazing boy, an adoption counselor will be happy to discuss FIV in further detail with you.)
You can apply for me here: http://tinyurl.com/pghcatapp
Pittsburgh Cat Ladies News & Info
- BIG NEWS – we successfully trapped Jennie Jane, the mama of our #kittencaboodle foster kittens. Jennie has been spayed, vaccinated, and is recuperating in a foster home. We are unsure if she will be adoptable or not.
- Also, also, the kittens themselves were spayed and neutered on Tuesday so that’s a big step forward for them.
- The #CatFoodDrivePgh continues. We urgently need donations of cat food from our Amazon list or directly at our drop-off spots or financially. These donations are specifically for the caretakers with feral cat colonies – the folks who feed everyday, but also TNR and find homes and take in new homeless kitties
- Join the Facebook group #CatFoodDrivePgh Friends & Supporters
- Follow our own journey with our foster kittens via our public Facebook album
- Previous adoptable cats
Join the Steel City Snowflakes with a one time or recurring investment in our projects. Click the image to see our current snowflakes.
Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.