Beginning in 2009, March 31 has been recognized as the International Day of Trans Visibility.
In the spirit of the day, I am sharing the AMPLIFY posts from trans identified contributors. To date, we have published 25 contributions from trans contributors, representing about 21% of our contributors. They have ties to at least 13 of the 26 counties in Western Pennsylvania. They range in age from early 20’s to late 50’s.
They can tell you far more than I can about the experiences of trans visibility (and invisibility) in our neighborhoods.
Please take a moment to (re)read their words and learn about their everyday experiences.
- Rashod Is An Unapologetic Trans Man of Color
- Donna Met a Female Impersonator Who Made a Lasting Impression
- Katie-Anne Speaks As Two Spirited Bi Gendered Resident of Johnstown
- CJ Describes Living Stealth As A Trans Man
- Patrouious Describes His Fears & Frustrations as a Trans Man in McKean County #AMPLIFY
- Sivynn Acknowledges That Some People Just Don’t Pay Attention to His Transition
- Brandon Believes Pittsburgh Should Have Better Trans Health Resources
- Jesse Believes in the Power of [Trans]cendence
- Jessi is a Trans Lesbian Who Asks Questions
- Kitty Is Out and Open as a Bisexual Trans Woman in Erie County #AMPLIFY
- Alex is a Black Trans Man Who Doesn’t Apologize For His Existence
- Jesse Talks About Living as a Trans Woman in a Culture of Fear
- Janie From Brackenridge: Being Trans Limits Many Things
- Kaley is Trans, Queer and a Fan of Gender Outlaws
- Roman Knows to the Depths of His Soul That He Is a Man #AMPLIFY
- Niki Talks About Living as a Gender Queer Trans Woman in Pittsburgh
- Jazmine, 46, Has Advice for LGB Allies to the Trans Community
- Moira Describes the Toll of Gatekeeping on the Trans Community
- Elliot is Bi, Trans and Wishes Westmoreland County Was Talking More About Queer Youth
- Alyssa is First Generation Cuban American, Trans, Gender Nonconforming and from Beaver County
- Sabrina, 50, Found New Friends When She Came Out as Trans
- Alissa, 34, is Just Another Girl in the Crowd in Lawrence County
- Austin, 30, is a Straight Trans Man from Washington County
- Tylor, 30, is a Pansexual Trans Man Who Wants Better for Young People
- Bobby, 50, Queer Trans Guy, White Anti-Racism Activist
If you would like to contribute to the project, this is the link to the Q&A.
Join the Steel City Snowflakes with a one time or recurring investment in our projects. Click the image to see our current snowflakes.
Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.