The AMPLIFY project is an archive of Q&A’s with LGBTQ+ folks who have ties to Western Pennsylvania. Here are 15 contributors who identify as non-binary (or some variant of that spelling) – take a dive into their lived experiences. There are in no particular order.
As the public discourse about gender identity continues to take centerstage, it is important to understand that identities falling outside of the female-male binary are not all the same. These first person stories give you a glimpse into some experiences, but even since we launched this project – the understanding, language, and expression of gender identity outside any binary has expanded.
- Meg, 28, is Nonbinary, Genderqueer, Polyamorous, and Pansexual #AMPLIFY
- Bebe Beretta, 27, is Nonbinary, Genderfluid, and Wants More LGBTQ Folks to Connect #AMPLIFY
- Madi Scull, 20, Identifies as a Nonbinary, Asexual Lesbian #AMPLIFY
- Brian, 32, is Trans, Nonbinary, and Queer in Westmoreland County #AMPLIFY
- Carla, 39, Identifies as a Bisexual, Non-Binary Scientist and Educator #AMPLIFY
- Leo, 24, Fears the Erasure of Nonbinary/Bisexual/Pansexual/Asexual/Demi Narratives in the Queer Community #AMPLIFY
- Bob, 24, is an autistic butch non binary lesbian. This is their story. #AMPLIFY
- Ary, 53, Shares Their Experiences as a Nonbinary Gynophile #AMPLIFY
- Vincent, 54, is a Nonbinary Transmasculine & Queer Asian Pacific Islander in Pittsburgh #AMPLIFY
- Tracey, 58, is a Queer Mother Parenting Nonbinary Children #AMPLIFY
- Lav, 29, a Queer Trans Gender Non Binary Mermaid Witch Warrior #AMPLIFY
- Pixie, 26, is Androgynous, Non-binary, Genderqueer and Lesbian, But Identifies as Pixie #AMPLIFY
- Alec on Being Genderfluid: It’s Confusing Outside the Binary #AMPLIFY
- Claudette is a Non-Binary Queer Who Wants Us To See Beyond the L and the G #AMPLIFY
- Rachel Lange, 42, took a few steps out of their gender closet #AMPLIFYupdates
To add your story to the archive, visit this link
To read all of the stories in the archive, click here.
For 18+ years, snowflakes, social justice warriors, and the politically correct have built this blog. Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
We need your ongoing support to maintain this archive and continue the work. Please consider becoming a patron of this blog with a recurring monthly donation or make a one-time donation.
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.