Since 2018, we have published a series of Q&A’s with candidates for all levels of political office – borough councils, school boards, judicial candidates, statewide office, and more.
We kicked off our 2021 Primary season via Q&A with Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto earlier this month. And we’ve invited other candidates to participate.
Here are the guidelines
- Must be a candidate for office in Pennsylvania. Anywhere in Pennsylvania is fine. You can run for municipal, county, state, or federal office.
- You do NOT have to identify as LGBTQIA+. Most of our respondents are cishet folx.
- You do have to be an ally and committed to LGBTQIA+ equality. You should also be pro-choice. I will do due diligence to ensure those things are true before I publish.
- You do make a commitment to complete the Q&A and return it in a timely manner. I put a lot of energy into researching your specific campaign and race. Please do not make me chase you down. If your campaign staff has a history of leaving me hanging, I will tell you directly so we can find a respectful solution.
- You can share your campaign links, social media accounts, and fundraising information.
- You agree not to edit or skip questions. If you have a concern, please reach out to me before returning your Q&A.
This is not an endorsement. It is one of the sole opportunities to speak directly to the LGBTQIA+ community about your campaign. If you want my endorsement, you need to contact me separately from this effort.
So please share this with your Facebook outlets – Indivisible groups, Democratic groups, campaign specific folks, and more.
To request a Q&A be crafted for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ….
This blog proudly built by snowflakes, social justice warriors, and the politically correct.
Join the Steel City Snowflakes with a one time or recurring investment in our projects. Click the image to see our current snowflakes.
Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.