This is a follow-up post to one I just published: Can the Delta Foundation be redeemed?
With increasing frequency, people are contacting me to ask for my summary of the Delta Foundation’s actions. I think you should 1) review the primary source materials directly and 2) decide for yourself.
Keep in mind, we are talking about 10+ years of history. I can’t summarize that in a few sentences for you.
So this is what I suggest:
- Go to a primary source (this blog, City Paper, WESA, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Pittsburgh Current, etc)
- Find the search feature and type in ‘Delta Foundation’
- Read through the results.
- Go to the next site and repeat.
- Go to Facebook, find the search bar and type in ‘Delta Foundation’ THEN click on posts to read what individual people have shared, both pro and con, over the years.
- Repeat with Twitter.
- Go back to the beginning and use other search keywords like Roots Pride, People’s Pride, etc.
This will be a bit of work and require some effort on your part, but it is the best way to get an accurate picture – not just my opinion. And when I’ve personally invested hundreds of hours creating my content with my point of view, I don’t think it is reasonable to ask me to summarize if you haven’t read at least some of that content.
This is a complicated situation with a lot of nuance, not something that can be a thumbs up or down. So I’ve created this post as a point of reference for me to share when people ask me this question moving forward.
Just last night someone said erroneously to me “You hate XYZ” and when I corrected them that I don’t hate XYZ, they dismissed my clarification because it changed their narrative. So don’t take my (many) words for it – do your research and come to your own conclusions.
Help us continue bringing our unique perspective on cinema to this blog. Become a sustaining investor for as little as $1/month.