The Northside Food Pantry is the largest in Western Pennsylvania, serving over 1,000 families every month. 1,000 families equals many thousands of people. Some have children, some are senior citizens living on their own. All our are neighbors.
Each family can visit the pantry one time per month. This is the leanest time of the year in terms of donations and the time when the most families seek support.
Each week between now and the end of December, the Food Pantry is highlighting a different item that is needed. We started with gravy/stuffing as side dishes for holiday meals (or everyday meals.) This week, it is sweet potatoes and yams. In the future, it will be tuna (a significant protein source) and other items. You can learn more by liking the Facebook page for the pantry.
In the meantime, there are multiple opportunities for you to help
Last week, you helped collect enough gravy and stuffing to help with holiday distribution. Our goal this week is to collect 1000 units of yams and sweet potatoes – canned or by the pound. That’s one pound for each family.
There are four ways to donate.
If you would like to help, you can do so 4 different ways:
- Go to http://www.northsidefoodpantry.org to donate money (via credit/debit card, please be sure to designate your gift as food for the Pantry).
- Go to the website above or directly at Northside Food Pantry Wish List: http://amzn.com/w/3EW9OQCVKZML1 to order and ship food (via Amazon Wish List). Free shipping on orders of $35 or more.
- Mail a check, made out to Northside Common Ministries and being sure to put “food” in the memo, to NCM, c/o Jay Poliziani, 1601 Brighton Road, 15212
- Deliver food to NCM that you’ve purchased for the Pantry by going to the front door and ringing the bell 24/7 at 1601 Brighton Road, 15212
- Please share this information with your networks using the hashtag #NorthsideFoodDrive
Please consider a donation of food. You can also reach out to me if you need more information. I’ll be happy to help you with organizing a food drive at work or school or wherever.
For 18+ years, snowflakes, social justice warriors, and the politically correct have built this blog. Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
We need your ongoing support to maintain this archive and continue the work. Please consider becoming a patron of this blog with a recurring monthly donation or make a one-time donation.
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.