The Warhol welcome back Jens Lekman, from Gothenburg, Sweden. Lekman’s unique sensibility draws from his droll sense of humor, romance, and melody, taking inspiration from artists such as Arthur Russell, The Magnetic Fields, Calvin Johnson, and Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers. Lekman has an extensive catalogue of releases including his acclaimed 2007 full-length, Night Falls Over Kortedala, I Know What Love Isn’t (2012), and Life Will See You Now (2017), all on Secretly Canadian Records. Pittsburgh-based psychedelic-pop ensemble, Chariot Fade, opens the show.
Tickets are $20 for members/students and $25 for adult non-members. You can purchase them here.
From the Warhol:
- Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- This performance is primarily standing room only. Limited seating is available upon advance request. We are committed to offering inclusive, engaging experiences for people of all abilities. To request accommodations to enhance your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412.237.8354.
- Masking is optional for this performance.
- Please note: For your safety and the safety of those around you, all those attending this performance must show proof of a Covid-19 vaccination (final vaccine must be dated at least 14 days prior to the performance) at their time of entry with a valid ticket. Proof of vaccination can be shown via the physical card, a photo of your card, or digital vaccination passport apps. Guests who do not follow posted safety guidelines or instructions from staff will be asked to leave the premises. Failure to comply with this policy or rude or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated. Please see our Visitor Conduct Policy.
- Notice for all buyers – By attending an in-person event at any of the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, you and any guests agree to voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold any presenting entities, artists, and the venue; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
To be eligible for the tickets, please leave a comment on the blog post (not social media posts) and please make sure your comment is registered to a valid email so I can reach you if you win. Don’t put your email in the comment, please.
- You must be 18+ to be eligible
- The tickets are only good for this specific concert. You will be asked to show ID at the door so you must be comfortable providing me with your name (privately)
- Winner will be selected Monday, May 16, 2022 at 6 PM
For 18+ years, snowflakes, social justice warriors, and the politically correct have built this blog. Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
We need your ongoing support to maintain this archive and continue the work. Please consider becoming a patron of this blog with a recurring monthly donation or make a one-time donation.
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.