For the holidays, we are asking you to adopt a community cat caretaker to thank them for their year round work.
Kevin, age 68, lives in Monongahela and cares for community cats.
Kevin is a former railroad worker. He was suffered a massive heart attack and is now on disability. He currently has 3 neutered indoor only cats. Kevin’s neighbor started out with a few indoor/outdoor cats that she never had spayed or neutered. Within a few years, the cat numbers were well over 40 and many of cats were coming into Kevin’s yard looking for food and shelter. He felt bad for them and started feeding them, along with the original caretaker. He reached out for help to get the cats vetted and altered early in the summer of 2020. Kevin has named all of the cats and despite his health issues, he has been instrumental in the trapping of these cats since I live about 40 minutes away. He is genuinely concerned with their well-being and built a cat shelter for them on his porch. He also put spot lights out to deter the coyotes from coming down and attacking them, which he reports has happened in the past. Kevin would eventually like to move, but he recently told us that he can’t leave the cats.
We’d like to celebrate their efforts to help community cats by sending some Santa Claws magic their way.
- gift cards
- adopt the entire colony for one month (food, treats, supplies)
- adopt the colony with a monthly donation
- sponsor a TNVR for a West Mifflin cat
How to participate
Contact us email@example.com with the name(s) of the caretaker you’d like to Santa Claws and describe what you’d like to contribute. This helps us ensure everyone receives a gift.
- Gift cards can be sent via USPS or dropped at 1439 W. North Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15233 in the mail slot.
- Kevin’s cat food drive wishlist can be found at Bit.ly/CatKevin – items will ship directly to them. We suggest adopting their entire colony (currently 40) for an entire month (10 bags) or sending a monthly donation of food to help them on a year round basis.
- Financial donations can be made via our Facebook Fundraiser, Venmo @Pghlesbian, CashApp $Pghlesbian, or Paypal.me/Pgh
For 18+ years, snowflakes, social justice warriors, and the politically correct have built this blog. Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
We need your ongoing support to maintain this archive and continue the work. Please consider becoming a patron of this blog with a recurring monthly donation or make a one-time donation.
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.