For the holidays, we are asking you to adopt a community cat caretaker to thank them for their year round work.
At nearly age 80, Judy lives in Moon Township and cares for community cats.
Judy is a widow whose husband died 15 years ago. She has lived there for 30 years and have been rescuing, TNR and finding homes as well as taking cats into her home that have been abandoned when their owners move out and leave their (unfixed) cats behind. Countless cats. Member of Homeless Cat Management Team, support her with TNR although the distance is a challenge – HCMT is based in Tarentum. She lives on a social security check plus $100 a month from her late husbands’ pension. At her age, and with health conditions and chronic pain, it is getting difficult for Judy to do TNR any more. She does continue to feed and get vet care for the cats, however. Sometimes friends help with food and vet bills. Sometimes she tries to sell things to help with bills for the cats and pay ever increasing school taxes, just to keep a roof over my head. The past two years have been rough as she needed a new roof due to wind damage, a hot water tank, a furnace and a car.
She has had huge vet bills over the past two years and right now has one cat with a rare form of cancer called “feline lung-digit syndrome” and one with hyperthyroidism. She took in 3 kittens last year and got them all vetted and fixed, as well as the momma cat, who at 8 months old was pregnant again. It is a continuing problem because of people dumping their cats and they end up there. I do without myself for them. I go to the food bank for food for me.
We’d like to celebrate their efforts to help community cats by sending some Santa Claws magic their way.
- gift cards
- adopt the entire colony for one month (food, treats, supplies)
- adopt the colony with a monthly donation
- sponsor a TNVR for a West Mifflin cat
How to participate
Contact us email@example.com with the name(s) of the caretaker you’d like to Santa Claws and describe what you’d like to contribute. This helps us ensure everyone receives a gift.
- Gift cards can be sent via USPS or dropped at 1439 W. North Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15233 in the mail slot.
- Judy’s cat food drive wishlist can be found at Bit.ly/CatJudy – items will ship directly to them. We suggest adopting their entire colony (currently 14) for an entire month (400 cans plus 2 bags) or sending a monthly donation of food to help them on a year round basis.
- Financial donations can be made via our Facebook Fundraiser, Venmo @Pghlesbian, CashApp $Pghlesbian, or Paypal.me/Pghlesbian
- Bulk gifts of 25 toys, treats, homemade soap, cat decorations, mugs, etc can be delivered to the address above with advance notice, please.
For 18+ years, snowflakes, social justice warriors, and the politically correct have built this blog. Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
We need your ongoing support to maintain this archive and continue the work. Please consider becoming a patron of this blog with a recurring monthly donation or make a one-time donation.
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.