For the holidays, we are asking you to adopt a community cat caretaker to thank them for their year round work.
Denise and her husband moved to Carnegie about ten years ago.
Like many caretakers, it began with one homeless cat. Denise fed this little girl and after she realized the cat was pregnant, she reached out to Homeless Cat Management Team for help. Mama and babies were trapped, then Denise fostered them until they could be adopted. And, of course, more cats showed up.
Through the years sadly since being a rental area people move snd leave their kitties behind or some are strays or are dumped and they find their way to me up on this hill. My chowder of cats has increased every year and no one goes hungry and they are trapped as soon as possible. But there are always “new” ones. My hubby hadn’t worked due to multiple back surgeries and I have had one of my own and now with the pandemic it is increasingly difficult to afford this food and shelter. I have received some donations from neighbors but can’t solely rely only on them All have shelters and are healthy and beautiful. Most are friendly and love their brushes from me. They are a source of much happiness for me and I adore each one of them. I can only continue caring for them if I get help.
We’d like to celebrate their efforts to help community cats by sending some Santa Claws magic their way.
- gift cards
- adopt the entire colony for one month (food, treats, supplies)
- adopt the colony with a monthly donation
- sponsor a TNVR for a Carnegie cat
How to Participate:
Contact us email@example.com with the name(s) of the caretaker you’d like to Santa Claws and describe what you’d like to contribute. This helps us ensure everyone receives a gift.
- Gift cards can be sent via USPS or dropped at 1439 W. North Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15233 in the mail slot.
- Denise’s cat food drive wishlist can be found at Bit.ly/CatDenise – items will ship directly to them. We suggest adopting their entire colony for an entire month (540 cans and 180 lbs dry) or sending a monthly donation of food to help them on a year round basis.
- Financial donations can be made via our Facebook Fundraiser, Venmo @Pghlesbian, CashApp $Pghlesbian, or Paypal.me/Pghlesbian
- Bulk gifts of 25 toys, treats, homemade soap, cat decorations, mugs, etc can be delivered to the address above with advance notice, please.
Join the Steel City Snowflakes with a one time or recurring investment in our projects. Click the image to see our current snowflakes.
Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.