For the holidays, we are asking you to adopt a community cat caretaker to thank them for their year round work.
Barbara is an 80-year-pld caretaker who has been taking care of Oakland cats for 10+ years. The colony started when someone dumped their friendly cats outside hear home and they started reproducing. Now there are about 20-25 cats in the colony with the majority of them being spayed or neutered. Barbara worked for the county as a clerk to help bail people out of jail. Now she is retired and uses her social security to care for her ferals. She feeds them twice a day and is grateful for any help.The cats eat wet food and dry food.
We’d like to celebrate their efforts to help community cats by sending some Santa Claws magic their way.
- gift cards
- adopt the entire colony for one month (food, treats, supplies)
- adopt the colony with a monthly donation
- sponsor a TNVR for an Oakland cat
How to participate
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org with the name(s) of the caretaker you’d like to Santa Claws and describe what you’d like to contribute. This helps us ensure everyone receives a gift.
- Gift cards can be sent via USPS or dropped at 1439 W. North Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15233 in the mail slot.
- Barbara’s cat food drive wishlist can be found at bit.ly/CatBarbara – items will ship directly to her. We suggest adopting their entire colony for an entire month (600 cans of food + 100 lbs dry) or sending a monthly donation of food to help them on a year round basis.
- Financial donations can be made via our Facebook Fundraiser, Venmo @Pghlesbian, CashApp $Pghlesbian, or Paypal.me/Pghlesbian
- Bulk gifts of 25 toys, treats, homemade soap, cat decorations, mugs, etc can be delivered to the address above with advance notice, please.
Join the Steel City Snowflakes with a one time or recurring investment in our projects. Click the image to see our current snowflakes.
Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.