There’s a lot of good work going on in Pittsburgh and the larger region. If you are considering some end-of-the-year gifts, we offer these for your consideration. This is a time when $5 or $10 can have a huge impact.
- PublicSource – a critical resource for investigative journalism. Gifts up to $1,000 will be matched and if you donate $25, you get a tee-shirt (always cool)
- TrueT Pgh – celebrating and centering queer people of color, fusing the creative arts with community work.
- SisTers Pgh – supporting homeless trans neighbors, led by a trans woman of color who also speerheaded the People’s Pride March.
- Wildlife Center – located in Verona, they do excellent work helping wildlife cope with the fallout of human decisions.
- Women’s Law Project – they have our backs in court when it comes to critical legal issues. They roll up their sleeves and help.
- AMPLIFY – hey, that’s us! You can donate to our crowdfund or through our fiscal sponsor, Persad. Lots of options depending on what suits your fancy.
And here are a few individual opportunities to have a huge impact in the lives of neighbors