The folks at Bier’s Pub invite the LGBTQ community and allies to an evening of fine craft brew, drink specials, and appetizers, hosted by Northside neighbor Brian O’Neill columnist with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
The Happy Hour proceeds will benefit two important LGBTQ projects.
- SisTers PGH focuses on the needs of homeless transgender neighbors throughout the region, especially transgender people of color through a combination of advocacy, outreach & direct support.
- The #AMPLIFY LGBTQ project is collecting stories from LGBTQ residents of Western Pennsylvania for a permanent online archive, hosted on the PghLesbian blog.
Admission includes appetizers (including vegetarian options), drink tickets, access to the back lounge and the patio of Bier’s Pub. The event will include a 50/50 and other raffle options.
We will also be collecting gift cards to benefit two other LGBTQ projects
– Proud Haven will be collecting gift cards from Burlington Coat Factory to allow homeless youth to choose their own coats and winter gear.
– SAGE/Persad will be accepting gift cards from Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, Giant Eagle, Shop n Save, and local gas stations to support isolated LGBTQ elders during the holiday season.
Everyone who donates a card at this event will be entered into a drawing for special raffle prize. Both organizations will be on-hand to discuss their programming.
- $20 for adults 21+ which includes admission, appetizers, and 2 drink tickets redeemable for beer, wine & a special cocktail. ($25 at the door)
- $10 for those under 21 which includes admission, appestizers, pop beverages and no drink tickets. ($15 at the door)
- You can donate through our ticket site as well.
- Volunteers are needed which will give you free access with no drink tickets.
Bier’s will have a full cash bar open featuring many of their local brewed beers and cocktails, as well as full menu service for those wishing to enjoy a little dinner and their world famous home fries.
This is a great opportunity to socialize with your neighbors, learn about community projects and their work on the Northside. It is a fantastic chance to explore a newly opened restaurant/bar space. And what better way to kick off Thanksgiving week (sort of) than be giving back to community projects serving neighbors in need.
Friday, November 17, 2017 6-8 PM Bier's Pub, 900 Western Avenue Street parking (be careful about meters depending on your arrival time)