For the holidays, we are asking you to adopt a community cat caretaker to thank them for their year round work.
Al and Karen are retirees living in West Mifflin. They are in their early 70’s.
Over the years, they have TNVRd eight cats out of their own pocket. Currently, their colony has five cats.
They created a shelter under a side porch with winterized beds. They feed their colony 2x each day, a mix of wet and dry. Al and Karen use about 20 lbs of dry and 240 cans of wet food each month.
We’d like to celebrate their efforts to help community cats by sending some Santa Claws magic their way.
- gift cards
- adopt the entire colony for one month (food, treats, supplies)
- adopt the colony with a monthly donation
- sponsor a TNVR for a West Mifflin cat
How to participate
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org with the name(s) of the caretaker you’d like to Santa Claws and describe what you’d like to contribute. This helps us ensure everyone receives a gift.
- Gift cards can be sent via USPS or dropped at 1439 W. North Avenue Pittsburgh PA 15233 in the mail slot.
- Al and Karen’s cat food drive wishlist can be found at Bit.ly/CatAlandKaren – items will ship directly to them. We suggest adopting their entire colony for an entire month or sending a monthly donation of food to help them on a year round basis.
- Financial donations can be made via our Facebook Fundraiser, Venmo @Pghlesbian, CashApp $Pghlesbian, or Paypal.me/Pghlesbian
- Bulk gifts of 25 toys, treats, homemade soap, cat decorations, mugs, etc can be delivered to the address above with advance notice, please.
Join the Steel City Snowflakes with a one time or recurring investment in our projects. Click the image to see our current snowflakes.
Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24
This post and/or others may contain affiliate links. Your purchase through these links support our work. You are under no obligation to make a purchase.