Lots of big news from the Pittsburgh MasQUe ProjecT
- Donation of 1,000 masks from City of Pittsburgh
- Donation of 2,000 masks through Global Links
- Partnering with Pittsburgh Equality Center as our fiscal sponsor
- Partnering with Center for Creative Reuse as fabric sponsor
- Working with Garden of Peace, SisTers PGH, Shepherd Wellness Community, True T PGH and other community orgs to distribute masks.
The current plan is to deliver two (2) masks per person to each registered household each month. This should allow for “one to wear, one to wash” standards plus some as well as cover masks getting stained, torn, misplaced, etc. Masks will be distributed through no-contact volunteer drivers and via USPS.
We are also preparing instructions on “care and feeding” of your mask aka laundering and other issues.
This is a joint effort of this blog, Pittsburgh Lesbian Correspondents, and TransPride Pittsburgh to connect our LGBTQIA+ neighbors with face mask resources that are free or paid but identified LGBTQ allies.
If you need to request a mask, please visit this form.
If you have masks to donate or for sale as an LGBTQ ally, please complete this form.
We need your help to continue protecting each other.
Donate via Venmo http://venmo.com/Pghlesbian
Donate a gift card to purchase fabric, thread, elastic, etc from Creative Reuse. Send to email [email protected]
Sewists to make masks of all sizes, shapes, styles.
We also need
- Unopened boxes of small baggies/ziploc. (Need 5000)
- New brown paper lunch bags, partially used or open okay. (Need 3000)
- Fabric, thread, bobbins
- Sewing machines to lend
- New grocery store type plastic, paper, or tote bags. (Need any quantity)
This is a work in progress so please bear with us as we figure out the logistics.
If you can volunteer, we need drivers to take a monthly delivery route (no contact), folks to repackage masks into baggies (can be done at home), graphic design, video editing, plunderers to tackle fabric stashes, performers, and more.
Join the Steel City Snowflakes with a one time or recurring investment in our projects. Click the image to see our current snowflakes.
Follow us on Twitter @Pghlesbian24