Summer picnics are a staple. We are not lacking for opportunities to get out and mingle with our LGBTQ friends. Check out this list of picnics most of which are family friendly and free, but ask you to bring a dish.
Saturday, July 22, 6-8:30 PM Mack Park 750 South 6th Street
- Bring your own picnic style dinner
- Kickball game after dinner
Sunday, July 30, 12-8 Schenley Park
- Live entertainment
- Kid friendly activities
- Part of Pittsburgh Black Pride festivities
Saturday, July 29, 12-6 PM Erie Zoo
- TransFamily will supply burgers, hot dogs, and rolls.
- Bring a dish to share and BYOB!
- The picnic grounds provide a playground, restrooms, and professional horseshoe pits. You must supply your own horseshoes, so bring them if you’ve got them.
Saturday, July 30, 2017 12 – 5 PM Alameda Park Pavilion #3, Butler
- bring a side dish or dessert to share with everyone
- PFLAG provides hamburger, veggie burger, hotdog, buns and the fixins
- Free event
- families welcome
- allies welcome
Saturday, August 12, 2017 12-7 PM Wyoming Grove, North Park
- *veggie options available
- *alcohol permitted (no glass)
- *free event, donations accepted
- *bring a side dish, non-alcoholic beverage
August 20, 2017 2-6 PM Hempfield Park Pavilion E
- All are welcome
Saturday, August 26 at 1 PM – 6 PM Rotary Pavilion at Presque Isle
- Hot dogs, ox roast, soft drinks, water and table settings are provided.
- Free event
- Please bring a side dish, dessert, or salad to share.
- No alcohol
- We will be taking the annual Family Portrait around 4:30 PM right before the raffle, and there will also be roving photographers. If you prefer to not be included in photos, put a red dot on your name badge.
- As always, there will be a collection taken for Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA (non-perishables, Please and Thank You).
Sunday, September 17 at 1 PM – 4 PM Lamr Avenue between Todd and Hayyyy
Music, food, games. Bring snacks, drinks, music, games to share or just come as you are!
No alcohol is allowed.
Kids and well-behaved dogs are welcome
Note that there will be no Chick-nic this year at North Park, but organizers hope to return in 2018.
Please email me or leave a comment if we missed something!