UPDATE – just an FYI that we are dedicating Issue #3 to the bisexual and pansexual community. It will be released in September for Bi Visibility Week.
The overwhelming success of Issue #1 has put an entirely new spin on our plans for the second issue which will also double as the event program for ‘Invisible in Plain Sight’ at the end of June.
As you recall, we published 500 copies of Issue #1 and they were distributed within 12 days. Requests for hundreds of additional copies have come our way, but our sponsorships paid for production – so we are looking ahead to Issue #2 to fill that demand.
Say what you will, but people still value print.
We are seeking sponsors to help us with publication costs so we can meet these goals
- Put zines in the hands of youth organizations for distribution at summer events such as the Quamp program and summer picnics.
- Take at least 200 copies into the community when we attend events this summer in Erie, Harrisburg, Shenango Valley, Lawrenceville and more.
- Provide 200 copies for the summer picnics of the local PFLAG chapters, the ChickNik summer picnic, the TransPride summer picnic and other similar events that draw people in from the region.
- Offer 200 copies to the community libraries in all 26 counties.
- Restock the community distribution at Persad, PATF, GLCC and The Merton Center.
Lofty goals that require lofty sponsorships. In the next two weeks. That’s where we need your help!
We have five sponsorship levels, all of which include a print advertisement and first opportunity for advertising in future editions. All ads are black and white.
- Crosspost Sponsor – Includes one quarter-page ad (2.5×4) in one issue of the zine with first option to reserve space in future issues. Also, 2 social media mentions when the zine is released – $25
- Sharing Sponsor – Includes one half-page ad (5×4) in one issue of the zine with first option to reserve space in future issues. Also, 6 social media mentions when the zine is released. – $50
- Signal Boost Sponsor – Includes one full-page ad (5×8) in one issue of the zine with first option to reserve space in future issues. Also, a mention on the AMPLIFY website and 6 social media mentions when the zine is released. – $100
- Inside Cover Sponsor – Includes one full-age ad (5×8) on the front or back inside cover with first option to reserve space in future issues. Also, a mention on the AMPLIFY website and 12 social media mentions when the zine is released – $250
- Presenting Sponsor – Back cover ad (5×8) with first option to reserve space in future issues. Also, a 30 day ad on the AMPLIFY website and 12 social media mentions when the zine is released – $500
We deliberately priced sponsorships to start at $25 because we want to make it affordable for LGBTQ organizations on the grassroots level and small businesses to be part of the project. One additional objective of the zine is to make people aware of community resources.
We can send you an invoice upon request. The very best thing to do is to email suecatsocialmedia at gmail dot com ASAP and indicate your level of interest. I’ll send you a sponsorship kit and we can discuss details.
Thank you to our sponsors for Issue #1
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh CLP-Teen GSA
- Whetstone Working Group
- Erie Gay News
- Garden of Peace Project
- Dreams of Hope
- Circle of Faith
- Proud Haven
- Purple Room Fine Art
- PFLAG Pittsburgh
- Music Night on Jupiter
- off the Wall/Carnegie Stage
- Persad Center
- Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force
- Your Critter Sitters
- Big Burrito Group
- K.S. Kennedy Distinctive Floral
- and our presenting sponsor, GLAAD.