The Renaissance City Choirs of Pittsburgh will present a show to benefit the Washington County Gay Straight Alliance, Inc. This third-annual event will take place on Saturday, June 6, 2015, at 7:30 p.m. at Washington & Jefferson College’s Olin Fine Arts Center, 285 E. Wheeling Street, Washington, PA 15301. Reception with the performers will follow the Cabaret at the Washington Community Arts and Cultural Center, 70 South Street, Washington. Purchase tickets here.
I worked with this organization during the #TakeTheHighRoad initiative – attending this event is a concrete way to show your support for youth and adults in Washington County. This event is their major fundraiser and helps to provide important programming such as:
- Received 501(c)(3) status – July 2, 2014
- Participated in WCCF Gives – 30 donors and ranked #10 in contributions
- 485 GSA attendees (ages 13-18) at 46 meetings
- 37 GSA 2 attendees (ages 19-29) at 11 meetings
- 2nd Friday Nights Potluck, assumed responsibility for the program in Sept. 2014
- 59 Assembled for the 2nd Transgender Day of Remembrance Candlelight Walk 40% increase from 2013
- 95 attended Renaissance City Choir Benefit Concert at Olin Fine Arts
- 50 attended the reception following RCC fundraiser at Wash Arts
- 24 adults attended the Wintertime Gathering Home Party
- 27 youth and adults attended the summer picnic at Cameron’s ponds
- 83 attended Sept.– Dec. 2nd Friday Nights Potluck, monthly event
Pittsburgh Lesbian Correspondents is proud to be a sponsor of this event. To celebrate, we are giving away a pair of passes for the show and the reception. To enter:
- Leave a comment listing your favorite tune from The Great American Songbook.
- You must be 18 to win the contest, but you can take a guest who is under 18 if you like.
- You cannot have won anything in the past 30 days.
- Winner will be selected randomly on May 28 and notified by email.
Best of luck to everyone!